Adiscon GmbH today announced the immediate availability of WinSyslog 3.6.
The new release is designed to support the enhanced features of Windows XP. Of course, it works also great on all other Windows platforms.
“I am glad we can show our continued commitment to advanced technology.”, says president Rainer Gerhards. “The new release is a great experience – with full support for fast user switching and Windows XP themes.”
The new release offers the following enhancements:
- Windows XP Look and Feel – Enhanced the WinSyslog Client
- Fast User Switching fully supported.
- Windows XP Themes supported
- Enhanced Syslog forwarding. Optionally add the original source of a message when forwarding to another syslog server or another instance of WinSyslog.
- New, improved manual in PDF format
- Fixed some minor bugs in the WinSyslog Client.
- Improved setup procedure.. Users can now download a smaller install set which will download the Windows Installer only if necessary (it typically is not necessary under Windows 2000, Windows XP and systems with Office 2000 or above installed). In most cases this will reduce the download time.
Please note that there is at least a service pack 1 release of this product available.
For more details, please read the Version History.
WinSyslog 3.6 is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site. Interested users should download and try out the version.