Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of WinSyslog 5.0 Beta.
This version has a new powerful Filter-Engine which allows you to build very complex Filters like known from Microsoft Network Monitor. For more details see below.
- New Scaleable Filterengine
- The new filter engine as very powerful, you can build complex filter conditions like known from Microsoft Network Monitor. A note for existing MonitorWare Agent Users. After update, you have to start the WinSyslog Client first. This is important, because it will automatically import your existing filters into the new Filter system. If you are new to this kind of filtering, I recommend that you read the Filter Conditions part of the manual before you start to play with the filters.
- New Actions
- Call RuleSet Action – this Action is used to call another RuleSet for processing.
- Set Status Action – Used to set an internal status variable. Can be used together with the Status Filter. The manual will contain more information about the Status Engine in future.
- Add Comments
- You can Add Comments under Services, RuleSets, Rules and Actions now. This is useful if you want to write done some notes.
- New Import / Export functions
- It is now possible to Import or Export the registry settings by using a binary format.
- Import / Export RuleSets
- You can Import / Export complete RuleSets into a XML Based format (Right click a RuleSet). This can be very useful if you want to duplicate RuleSets for example. The Client uses its own file extension here (.wsx = WinSyslog XML) which is also bound to the Client. That means double-clicking such a File will automatically invoke the Client to import the RuleSet.
- Syslog Service
- Enhanced the message handling (RFC 3164) to also accept not valid RFC Syslog tags.
- File Logging Action enhanced
- There is a new option “Use circular logging” available. You can specify a number of logfiles and a maximum file size for circular logging.
- Database Logging Action enhanced
- You can now use the new function “Create Database” to create a WinSyslog valid database.
- WinSyslog Client enhancements
- All fields which specifies seconds are replaced with a Combobox with predefined time values. It is also possible to configure custom values.
- Minor bugfixes in the WinSyslog Client
- Fixed minor problems in the Filterimport function.
For more details, please read the Version History.
WinSyslog 5.0 Beta is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site. Interested users should download and try out the version.
WinSyslog 5.0 is a free update for UpgradeInsurance customers. If you are eligible for the free update, please contact us via email at email@example.com with your UpgradeInsurance details.