Adiscon is proud to announce the 9.0 release of WinSyslog. This is a major release including new features and minor bugfixes. The most important changes are:
- enhanced Windows 2008 Server support – while WinSyslog always worked on Windows Server 2008, but some “extra bits” have been added to fully utilize the power of the platform.
- greatly improved web interface – which enables many more searching and analysis options
- custom event logs are now also supported in the “write event log” action
- enhanced internationalization – the core engine now supports UTF8 and UTF16 in many more places, including ForwardSyslog, WriteFile and SendEMail actions.
- multi-encoding support for InterActive SyslogViewer – added support for additional encodings when exporting syslog messages into a file.
- simplified IP-based filtering – which enables matching based on IP ranges
- improved automation support – the configuration client program can bow be used to batch-import xml-based configuration files, which is very useful in unattended, fully-automated setups.
For more details read the version history
Version 9.0 is a free download. Customers with existing 8.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to email@example.com. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.