Adiscon today announced the availability of WinSyslog 4.2 Release Candidate 1.
This new Version offers a new benefits and improvements. Also minor bugs are removed now.
See the list below:
- German and French are now available consistently throughout the product screens.
- Much improved Japanese language support. The output encoding (EUC, JIS, SJIS) can now be selected for email and syslog forward actions
- Incoming message can now be filtered based on a lower, higher or equal syslog priority. Previously, only an exact match was supported. This greatly simplifies rule creation in common scenarios.
- Replacement characters are now supported in the “Start Program” action. This allows e.g. to pass the source system or message content to an external program.
- Improved syslog over TCP receiver – offers greater compatibility and more options.
- Support for debugging complex rule bases (log file can be written)
- Interactive Syslog Server performance optimized. It can now be instructed not to scroll incoming messages as they arrive – often requested to save client machine performance.
- Support for SMTP authentication added.
- File logger does now allow concurrent reads and writes to the log file. So it can be reviewed e.g. with notepad while it is constantly being written.
- Support for Windows XP visual styles added.
For more details, please read the Version History.
WinSyslog 4.2 RC 1 is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site. Interested users should download and try out the version.