Release Date: 2002-06-18
This version has been released to the public on 2002-06-18. It offers these new benefits:
- German and French are now available consistently throughout the product screens.
- Much improved Japanese language support. The output encoding (EUC, JIS, SJIS) can now be selected for email and syslog forward actions.
- Incoming message can now be filtered based on a lower, higher or equal syslog priority. Previously, only an exact match was supported. This greatly simplifies rule creation in common scenarios.
- Replacement characters are now supported in the “Start Program” action. This allows e.g. to pass the source system or message content to an external program.
- Improved syslog over TCP receiver – offers greater compatibility and more options.
- Support for debugging complex rule bases (log file can be written)
- Interactive Syslog Server can now be instructed not to scroll incoming messages as they arrive – often requested to save client machine performance.
- New exclude filters based on message content (all previous versions supported include filters, only)
- Support for SMTP authentication added
- File logger does now allow concurrent reads and writes to the log file. So it can be reviewed e.g. with notepad while it is constantly being written.
- Support for Windows XP visual styles added.
- Database schema change to capture new data and provide seamless interaction with upcoming changes and new products like the new web interface or the MonitorWare console.
- Enhanced WinSyslog Web Access based on the former web interface now part of the core product.
- Some bug fixes
WinSyslog 4.2 (Build 316)