Release Date: 2003-06-18
This version has been released to the public on 2003-06-18. It offers these new benefits:
- New Scaleable and flexible Filterengine
– The new filter engine as very powerful, you can build complex filter conditions like known from Microsoft Network Monitor. A note for existing WinSyslog Users. After update, you have to start the WinSysogClient first. This is important, because it will automatically import your existing filters into the new Filter system.
- New Actions
- Call RuleSet Action
– This Action is used to call another RuleSet for processing.
- Set Status Action
– Used to set an internal status variable. Can be used together with the Status Filter. The manual will contain more information about the Status Engine in future.
- Add Comments
– You can Add Comments under Services, RuleSets, Rules and Actions now. This is useful if you want to write down some notes.
- New Import / Export functions
– It is now possible to Import or Export the registry settings by using a binary format.
- Import / Export RuleSets
– You can Import / Export complete RuleSets into a XML Based format (Right click a RuleSet). This can be very useful if you want to duplicate RuleSets for example. The Client uses its own file extension here (.wsx = WiNSyslog XML) which is also bound to the Client. That means double-clicking such a File will automatically invoke the Client to import the RuleSet.
- Syslog Service
– Enhanced the message handling (RFC 3164) to also accept not valid RFC Syslog tags.
- Database Logging Action enhanced
– You can now use the new function “Create Database” to create a MonitorWare Agent valid database.
- Client enhancements
– All fields which specifies seconds are replaced with a Combobox with predefined time values. It is also possible to configure custom values.
- SETP Receiver and Sender added
– Only available in the Enterprise Version. Support SSL Encryption as well.
- Instant Help added
– Right click everything in the configuration Treeview, and you will see a list of helpful FAQ Article’s in the HowTo-Submenu.
- Custom Message Format
– Fully custom able message can be configured for FileLogging, Send Email and Net send.
- File Logging
– Added support for circular logging.
- Send Email
– Added support for SMTP Authentication
- Run in foreground prompt
– Added support to run the service executable as an interactive application in the foreground (in(at a command prompt) . Use the “-r” switch to do this.
- Process Priority
– You can now configure WinSyslog’s default process priority within the debug options.
- Some bug fixes