1. Once MonitorWare Console 2.0 is opened, on the left hand side, you can see a tree view with a node called “Reports”. Click on that node. It will show you the list of available reports under it as well as on the right hand side. You will see something similar to the following figure:
In order to update a filter it’s necessary that you have a previously saved report in which you had applied filters. I would be using the Saved Report entitled as “My Report” using the System Status Report Template. This report was generated during “How do I add filters for Database Reports?” guide.
2. Double click on the Saved Report, Adding Filter Forms would pop up. Switch to “Database Report Tab”. Once done the following form will be displayed:
3. The main options on this form are previously explained in “How do I add filters for Database Reports?” guide.
4. Previously a report in “How do I add filters for Database Reports?” guide was generated where we assumed that we were interested to generate a report where the “DeviceReportedTime is greater than 4/13/2004 3:43:20 PM”, “EventSource is equal to Security” and, “EventId isn’t one of 105, 108 and 114” .
5. Let’s assume that you want to update one of the filters in the previous set of filters.
6. Assuming that you want to edit the EventSource Filter from “EventSource is equal to Security” to “EventSource is equal to Adiscon EvntSLog”.
7. Select “EventSource” from the “Select Column” combo box, then select “is equal to” operator from “Select Operator” combo box and set the “Select Lower Value” to “Adiscon EvntSLog”. Press “Add Filter” button. In the end your Report Filters form should look something like this:
Note: In order to update a specific filter on a desired column you need to select the column. For example If you want to update “EventSource” then you have to select this column. Once you have selected the column, start making changes to it. The changes will not be mirrored in the Query Display area (the yellow area in the form) until and unless the “Add Filter” button is pressed.
8. When you press the “Generate Report” button it will open up a report in HTML format.
9. We can also save this report as well. This has been previously explained in “How do I add filters for Database Reports?” guide.
10. You can even schedule this saved report on the daily basis!