Adiscon GmbH today announced the final release of WinSyslog 3.1.
The new version offers enhancements and bug fixes:
- Japanese language available in the client! WinSyslog now comes with English, German and Japanese languages selectable for the client interface.
- XML based multi-language system – Adiscon is now able to add additional client interface languages very quickly. If a user would like to have an additional language and can provide a bit translation help, we will happily create a new version.
- Encrypted password for ODBC connection – the password can now be encrypted to further tighten security
- greatly enhanced setup program using the new Microsoft Windows Installer service
- increased message logging size – now logs even the largest syslog messages (up to 16 KB per single message)
- An important fix for the ODBC logger: the maximum message size is now supported with ODBC (it was limited to 256 bytes)
- and of course it contains the latest fixes for minor problems
The 3.1 release has been running at a large number of customer sites as a beta version. We received very positive feedback – after 4 weeks of beta, the product performs exceptionally well and stable.
For more details, please read the Version History.
WinSyslog 3.1 is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site. Interested users should download and try out the version.