Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of the WinSyslog 5.1 release. This is primarily a maintenance release, but it comes with new functionality. The following things are new:
- Added new Action PlaySound
- This new action can be used to play a wave file once or often.
- New Options in FileMonitor added
- Timemode used for Filename: Configure which timemode will be used to generate the filename (either UTC or localtime). Report on error if File was not found: As the name says, if this setting is enabled, an error will be reported in the Eventlog if the file was not found.
- SendEMail Action
- Added “Insert” button for the Subject field in the Configuration Client.
- Minor other stability changes.
- Added a new Action called “Send to Communications Port”
- This new action can send any message to a configured serial or printer port.
- Enhanced Client
- Enhanced WinSyslog Client Wizards (for Actions, Services and RuleSets) – less clicks required.
- Increased Useability
- Minor other WinSyslog Client enhancments to increase it’s useablility.
- Raw Syslog Handled
- Raw Syslog data is handled. This solves an issue while relaying messages and writing them to raw log files.
For more details, please read the Version History.
WinSyslog 5.1 is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site. Interested users should download and try out the version. WinSyslog 5.1 is a free update for UpgradeInsurance customers. If you are eligible for the free update, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your UpgradeInsurance details.
If you have purchased a version 5.x key, WinSyslog 5.1 will work with this key.
There is no need to purchase or request a new key in this case.