Adiscon today announced WinSyslog 4.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1).
Version 4.0 is a major improvement over the 3.x releases. It comes with a newly designed enhanced multi-threading background service (the so-called “engine”). It offers superior syslog performance and even further enhanced reaction to system events.
There are numerous enhancements. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Multiple syslog listeners – a single WinSyslog instance can now run multiple syslog listeners, each one listening to different ports.
- TCP support – syslog messages can now also be received via TCP.
- Multiple Rule Bases – each syslog listener instance can have a specific rule base assigned.
- Large Burst Support – WinSyslog has a unique high performance engine that guarantees message buffering during even the most extreme burst traffic.
- Many more Criteria – like time of day, weekday, message occurrence and more. Allows extremely flexible message processing.
- Great New Actions – to be carried out as a result of receiving a specific message. For example, processes can now be started (for example VB scripts or batch files).
- WinSyslog Realtime View now a Separate Program – this makes it easier from a usability point of view. Also greatly improved the speed of the display under Windows XP.
For more details, please read the Version History.
WinSyslog 4.0 RC1 is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site. Interested users should download and try out the version. Please note that even though it is a release candidate, there might be some bugs in the code. We recommend using it on test systems, only.