Release Date: 2002-02-20
This version has been released to the public on 2002-02-20. It has been enhanced based on user feedback on RC1. There are some bug fixes, as well as a number of important improvements:
- Dramatically improved performance for the ODBC and file write actions
- The email forwarder now works on a timeout. If multiple events are to be forwarded by email within a short period of time (a few seconds), these can be combined into a single email message. This is configurable.
- Added the SETP forwarder
- Full RFC 3164 message parsing added
- New timestamp with the date/time originally reported added
- Support for sending XML formatted message format for email and file logging.
- Timestamps can now be written in UTC format into the ODBC database
- New text log file options. Including WebTrends compatible format and a raw syslog format that is required by some other syslog file readers.
- Improved help system – now available as standard Windows HTML Help
For more details, please read the Version History.