Release Date: 2001-12-06
This version has been released to the public on 2001-12-06. It contains a number of user requested small enhancements as well as some bug fixes.
- Customizable email subject line. We do now have support for replacement characters. So the event source, facility, priority and message content can be included into the email subject. Great for pagers and cellular phones, which often only display the subject line of a message sent to them.
- RFC3164 compatible date and time parsing. If enabled, the receive time stamp is taken from the syslog message rather than from the local system time.
- Unique file name generation (based on system date) can now be turned off. This was requested by customers monitoring syslog files with external file monitor processes.
- File Logging data fields are now configurable. Date/Time, Facility and Priority fields can now be turned off. If so, they won’t be written to the log file.
- Solved a usability issue. When using the rule wizard with standard settings, a syslog forward to local host was often accidentally created. This in turn lead to a loop where each message received was forwarded to WinSyslog itself, starting an endless iteration. Now, even when forwarding is enabled it is disabled by the product if no syslog forwarder address is specified (we formerly used a default of 127.0.0.1).
- Fixed a bug that occurred when ODBC logging was used with Oracle.
- Improved the WinSyslog Client speed. Especially slow machines with Windows XP should see a faster WinSyslog realtime log display.