Release Date: 2004-06-01
- New Actions Added
– PlaySound Action can play a wave file once or more often.
– Send to Communications Port send any message to a configured Serial or Printer port.
– Post Process Action allows you to re-parse a message after it has been processed.
- New Options Added
– In Database Logging and Send Email Action.
- Skinning Feature Added
– By default 5 new fresh skins are installed and can be selected. We have also created a gif animation which cycles the same WinSyslog Client view in all Skins. Click here to see!
- Cloning Feature Added
– You can clone a Ruleset, a Rule, an Action or a Service with one mouse click.
- Enhanced Client
– WinSyslog Client Wizards has been enhanced for creating Actions, Services and RuleSets.
– Enhaced the filter form. Filters are automatically updated. and other minute changes.
– Introduced the “Property Replacer” and enhanced it features. The property replacer is a generic component that allows you to merge properties from the event processed to e.g. the email subject line or a log file line. It is a central component that is used as often in the product as possible. The idea behind the property replacer is that there is often need to specify a value from the event processed.
- Increased Useability
– Minor other WinSyslog Client enhancments to increase it’s useablility.
– Minor other stability changes.
- Bug Fixes
– Problems with files larger then 4 GB in the Filelogging Action. When you restarted the WinSyslog, those files were overwritten from the beginning.
– The Database Action (And maybe others as well) could fail with an unknown error (EventID 114) when the SETP Server received messages from older Clients. This has been corrected now.
– The password in the database action view was not saved if encryption was not enabled.
– In the File Logging action it could cause high CPU usage when Custom Fileformat was used.
– In ODBC write which always persisted the NTSeverity as a constant value (4) to the database.