Release Date: 2004-11-04
Build-IDs: Service 5.3.372, Client 5.3.261
This is primary a final rebuild of the 5.3 Beta Version.
– Fixed a bug that could cause a leak of TCP Connections under stress circumstances (for example having more then 5000 failed connections per minute).
– In some cases the system does not free a socket fast enough (for example when you restart the service). An handler for this has been added which retries starting Services like syslog at least for one minute long.
– Removed a small and very unlikely memory leak that was caused by disabled actions.
– There was a bug in the “Send Syslog” action that could cause message text alteration if two or more “Send Syslog” actions were executed for the same message AND message text replacement was used in an action other than the last.
– There was a bug that could lead to registry file corruption if multi-line comments or messages were configured. Only customers working directly with registry files were affected.
WinSyslog 5.3 Final is a free download found at Adiscon’s web site.