Release Date: 2005-04-18
Build-IDs: Service 6.0.401, Client 6.0.266
|New Major Additions
- SETP Action– Two new connections based on configurable timeouts are added, one is used during the connection and the other used when receiving and sending the data. A higher timeout default might be useful in unreliable networks, or if the server is under high workload.
- Compute Status Variable Action– For more complex tasks, added a new action to increment or decrement a status variable.
- Syslog Server– A new feature for Syslog over TCP is added and you can also configure a message separator. This separator is used to split useful messages. Two timeouts are also added for Syslog over TCP, message receive timeout and session timeout. Once the Syslog Server starts receiving a message, it waits until it receives a message separator (if configured), or until the message completion timeout occurs. The session timeout is an additional timeout.
- WinSyslog Client– New changed popup menu for services, new filter dialog, content menus for rule sets and action menu. It looks more user friendly and is sorted by categories.
- SETP Receiver– A new option “Session Timeout” has been added. Before this, it was a hard coded value but now it is configurable. The default value is 30 seconds. That means a connection to the SETP Server is at least kept open for 30 seconds. This reduces the connection overhead, especially for SSL based connections.
- Database Action– A new option “Maximum value length” for the SystemEventProperties table has been added. By default this option value is set to 512, which is the default maximum length of the value field. If a property exceeds this length, it is truncated automatically. This removes random occurring ODBC Error’s when the property value is more then 512 characters.
- Connection handling in the SETP Server– Enhanced handling is introduced here, if problems occur during sending/receiving messages, more retries are done.
- SETP Server– Startup retry handling is added into the SETP Server, it retries to bind the sockets during startup. It is now compiled with the new OpenSSL library version 0.9.7e and dll’s are also updated.
- Start Program Action– A new option has been added to use the property engine in the parameters variable, which is needed for alert and recovery handling. The old format is still useable if the legacy option is enabled.
- Debug enhancement– The debug format has been highly enhanced. Each debug line is pre-pended by some general parameters like ThreadID, UNIX Timestamp and the Debug level. This makes the debug file much more readable and easier for analysis.
- SETP Server– Fixed a connection shut down which only happened when a message larger then 4097 bytes was received.
- SETP Server– Bug is fixed that caused a “virtual” SSL shut down error. A bug in the decompression code that could be caused by larger events and could cause the SETP server to fail due to memory corruption is fixed now. A bug is fixed in the Shut down procedure of the SETP Server which could occur if SSL was enabled and the MonitorWare Agent service was stopped.
- SNMP Receiver– When a SNMP version 2 message was received, the variable OID’s were not fully resolved or included into the message. This has been fixed now. A bug is fixed that used to come if an enterprise specific trap was received. The source was not correctly parsed, so the IP was not correctly shown. A bug is fixed that has been introduced to Build 261 caused the application to crash, if messages other then those from the event log monitor were received over SETP.
- Database Action– Problems in handling of TEXT type fields are fixed. Text fields can be built out of properties, so they are more customizable then the other field types.
- Status Filter & Action– A bug introduced in one of the earlier build is also fixed, which caused the status filter & action not to work correctly.
You can download Free Trial Version of WinSyslog.