Release Date: 2002-04-10
This version has been released to the public on 2002-04-10. It offers these new benefits:
- Includes Spanish and Japanese language support
- The Interactive Syslog Server now does support all 5 languages, including French (which was missing in the 4.0 release).
- New service: heartbeat – can be used to periodically send “I am alive” packts to other syslog servers.
- Improved configuration client: configuration changes can now automatically be saved without user intervention.
- Greatly improved performance for the “write to file” and “write to database” actions
- Greatly simplified the configuration process to create one syslog message file for each reporting system (an often requested feature).
- New “set property” action allows to overwrite some message properties. Great for renaming devices.
- Documentation updates, including added device-specific step-by-step guides